Friday, February 11, 2011

Antarticta: Pinguins: Chinstrap

The first one I saw was in Deception Island

After some rough seas....

..and beautiful icebergs

<>
I saw some of them far away on sea ice...

The first one looked like a clown!
A few days later we disembarked in another Island and ....

Two Chinstraps were waiting for me

They started a courting ritual....
Kind of kissing...

Then it became more animated...

Looked like an inspection...

getting closer...

and lovingly tender....

Mating had to be the next step....
But I had to rush back to the boat.

1 comment:

  1. Good Afternoon!

    I was searching for penguins photos and found yours. I wold like to use that image, the one above "Looked like an inspection..." Subtitle in a non-commercial work. I'm participating in a trainee selection and the first step is to send a poster about your self-concept. And I would to use that image. Can I?

    Thank you and good work!

    ReplyDelete