Friday, March 25, 2011

So many eagles

<> </>

Winter in Yellowstone is magic and the best time to see Bald Eagles perched on leafless birchtrees.
The largest of eagles with a wingspan of up to 240cm., it catches rodents and fish and scavenges carcasses. It is the first one to arrive when wolves make a kill.
In Point Lobos, California this black and white eagle is an Osprey ( Balbuzard Pecheur) it feeds entirely on fish.
This mother Osprey in an island of Belize waits till her juvenile can fly out of the nest.
Spotted in Ethiopia, the African Fish Eagle is the largest eagle in Africa with a wingspan of up to 210cm. A pirate, it snatches fish from heron, pelican etc..
Africa has other beautiful eagles like this Martial Eagle perched on a tree in the Serengeti Park in Tanzania and ...
... the Long Crested Eagle spotted in Ethiopia  is the only African eagle with a long crest. It eats rodents.
In Patagonia this Black Breasted Eagle landed close to us and surprised...
... took off and flew away.
The Brown Snake Eagle, here in Belize, eats all kind of snakes. It can kill cobras and mambas up to 3m. long.
This Goshawk is between an eagle and a Hawk ( Faucon).
I laughed looking  at this photo  because the Hawk just poohed when I took the photo near Berkeley.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha the last pic is indeed priceless !!
    it's beautiful as always, I don't think I've ever seen so many eagles together
    even though it poohed I think my favourite is the last one :)
    I'll wait eagerly for your next blog installment::
    I've just realized I'm writing this to you in English, tu me fais perdre mon français avec tes photos inouïes !! KIM

    ReplyDelete